38th Annual Conference of the Canadian Nuclear Society and 42nd Annual CNS/CNA Student Conference
The Nuclear Future: Challenges and Innovation
Notre avenir nucléaire : défis et innovation
Abstract submission: 2017 December 30
Draft paper submission: 2018 February 14
Full paper submission: 2018 April 1
The peaceful application of nuclear science and technology has contributed clean, safe and resilient energy to mitigate climate change challenges; diagnostic and therapy tools that improve individual health; and means that enhance security of the global community.
It is anticipated that enhancement of these benefits through research and development will continue well into the 21st century, accompanied by an increase in public confidence and acceptance of nuclear science and technology.
The Canadian Nuclear Society (CNS) will host its 38 th Annual Conference at the Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, 2018 June 3-6. This conference provides a forum for communication of new ideas, information exchange of progress and achievements, and a forum to discuss energy‐related issues in general. Technical topics of interest are listed on the following page. The CNS 38 th Annual Conference will feature:
- Plenary sessions with invited speakers to address such topics as large scale refurbishment projects, options for future new-build, etc.
- Technical sessions with subject‐matter experts from utilities, suppliers, the regulator, academia, federal laboratories and agencies to present the latest advancements in nuclear science and technology.
- An embedded topical meeting on Small Modular Reactors (SMR) with focused plenary and technical sessions dealing with the potential of and challenges to licensing and deployment of SMR in Canada.
- Exhibits with industrial leaders showcasing their latest nuclear products and technology.
- A Student Conference with student posters
- Social events (such as opening reception, lunches, conferen cebanquet , wine-&-cheese reception , coffee breaks and conference banquet) that facilitate discussions and networking on subjects of common interests.
Call for Papers
Click here for the call for papers.